Sunday, February 11, 2007

The Story of Three Thanks

Today I embark upon something I've been wanting to do for a very long time...

Hello, and welcome to Three Thanks. This is a blog where, everyday, I will post three things I am grateful for. I have very many things to be thankful for in my life, but I will limit it to three because I want you all to join with me and list your Three Thanks in the comments. This blog has nothing to do with religion at all. I am not religious nor does it require you to be or not be religious to participate in leaving your Three Thanks in the comments. All are welcome here - the more diverse, the better. By listing your Three Thanks, you not only get to participate in your own gratitude, but you get to remind me of things I may have forgotten about. If you have a great link you'd like to share, please do so. If you have a bible verse, or some type of scripture that you would like to share in regards to being grateful or giving thanks, then please feel free to share that as well. Comments will be moderated and no negativity will ever reach the public - at least not through this blog! Your answers can be one-liners or in paragraph form - there is no restriction or limit on how to be grateful :)

I started this blog because I have become aware of the fact that one cannot receive new blessings in their life without being fully grateful for the things they already have. And, although I've definitely been grateful in recent years, I haven't ever stated it aloud and in the written form, those things that I give thanks for. Some may look at their life and find little to be thankful for, however, it is this act of not being grateful for even the smallest of things that keeps you stuck with only that which you currently have in your life.

The idea for this started out of my wanting to be grateful for something, so as to not focus on the negative. I was going through a very, very rough time recently, and out of the blue one night at dinner, through tears, I said to my husband, "I'd like to say at least three thanks for things we are grateful for in spite of everything that's going on". Now, we were not Grace-saying people prior to this evening at all, but I knew he'd be open to it without a doubt. And, when he looked at me after I'd said it, I knew he was in total agreement that it was a fabulous idea, even while in one of the most trying of situations in our lives. It helped us become more positive in that moment, and in each moment since.

I wish for my very full and joyful life to have even more in it, and thus I wish to state to the world what it is I'm grateful for, and I hope you join me as well...

2 Comments:

At February 12, 2007 at 12:47 AM , Blogger Brought to you by Her Majesty Magenta said...

Such a great idea and I am positive it will change all of the participants lives forever! Thank you!

 
At July 13, 2007 at 8:02 AM , Blogger littlemonstercallum said...

What a wonderful idea. I will enjoy reading and catching up on your blog and hopefully participating.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home