Sunday, February 11, 2007

The first post of Three Thanks: The Big Ones

My first Three Thanks:

1. My family, especially my incredible husband

2. My health. Even though it's not perfect, I am alive and walking and talking and breathing all by myself. I am truly blessed.

3. My wonderful house. I grew up in the same house for most of my life. I left home when I was 17 because I knew everything. Subsequently, I spent the next 17 years in apartments or sharing homes with roomates, and moved almost 30 times. I always wanted to just stop moving and stop living with transient people, and dreamed of owning a house one day, even though I had no money. However, I had faith that it could still be done, and with much luck and a little digging, I managed to buy my home with a $3k cash advance on a credit card and no money down. In the first year, its value increased by $125k. It's small, it's beautiful, and it's fabulous, and I am overjoyed with and extremely proud of my home.

What are you thankful for?

(tell me in your comments)

2 Comments:

At February 12, 2007 at 12:44 AM , Blogger Brought to you by Her Majesty Magenta said...

Until this Christmas my thanks would be different than they are now. Because knowing a lovely girl who has had some hard knocks has really changed my point of view. I thank God everyday for many things but these are the things she and her kids live without. Her home was built in the 1800's. And even at that, she tells how God is taking care of her in so many ways. These are the things I am thankful for everyday.

1. Electricity for cooking, blo drying, straightening iron, dishwashing, laundry)
2. Running water (showers and indoor toilet)
3. Heat (She does have a woodstove, but imagine waking up and having to make a fire to get warm)

Psalms 28:6-9 The Lord is my strength and my shield; my heart trusts in him, and I am helped. My heart leaps for joy and I will give thanks to him in song.

 
At February 12, 2007 at 2:12 AM , Blogger ferenge mama said...

oh, i LOVE this!!!

I used to have a little book that I wrote in every night, listing the things for which I was grateful.

I've fallen out of that habit, and it's a shame - you have inspired me to start it up again...

Here are my three for today:

1. My independence. Although I don't always *like* to, I am capable of taking care of myself.

2. My family. Wonderful wonderful people.

3. My bloggy friends. I always learn something, feel something, or am inspired when I read through my blogroll -- like today with your new blog!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home