Monday, February 12, 2007

Today's Three Thanks

If you are new here, please read the first post before anything else... then come back here and tell me what you're thankful for :)

As I sit here, I know I have lots to be grateful for but nothing is running up to me and hitting me in the head. So I will sit from where I'm at and look around, and make my list from what I see around me:

1. My cats. I have 4 cats that are just unbeliveable. They each have very different personalities and they each are just like little people. I have one that loves ice cream and sleeps btwn Hubby and I every night. She meows so much that we changed her name, after 5 or 6 years, to Meems, which evolved out of calling her Meow because she is incessantly talking to you at all times. I have another, Poagie (like Hoagie) who was very sick as a kitten and had respiratory problems. He now purrs like a pigeon (not kidding), only it's 3x as loud. I have been on the phone with customer service people and they have asked me "do you have a bird?" and I tell them "no, it's my cat here on my lap". This has happened at least 10 times. I have another named Harley who likes to dip her paw into the water bowl over and over again, licking the water off each time. She also loves to lay spread-eagle in the middle of wherever you need to be standing. And when she isn't laying in your way, she stands there at your feet, and must always have one of her back feet on top of your foot. And lastly, the youngest, Google... He likes to play fetch just like a Chocolate Lab would (not kidding, even waits for you to throw the toy by looking in the direction it's headed). He also meows specifically for attention, and when our alarm clock goes off, he comes from wherever he is in the house and jumps on the bed. Next, he meows at me to wake me up so I can move the pillow I'm hugging and make room for him to "spoon". He will curl up in that little area under my arm and up against my chest and rest his head on my arm like it was a pillow. We sleep there for about another 10 minutes til he alarm goes off again. He does this 5-6 mornings out of the week. I love them all and they have brought immeasurable amounts of joy to my life!

2. My ability to type fast. Sometimes I'll be emailing back and forth with someone and the email ends up being 7 huge paragraphs long by the time I'm done with it. But it's only because I type really fast. And, I type/write like I speak, so I never abbreviate or edit what it is I'm trying to say, I just put it all out there. I am grateful for the ability to articulate in the written word so accurately because I type so fast and have the time to get all the words in there!

3. My beautiful floors. When Hubby and I bought this house, it was covered in wall-to-wall light gray carpeting that looked as if it had been installed 50 years ago (because it was THAT gross). Due to his unbelievable allergies, we knew we were getting rid of all of it. So only 1 hour after closing on the house and getting the keys, we started ripping it up. What we put in it's place was 1,200 sq. ft. of laminate (Pergo-like) flooring, and we did it all by ourselves (Hubby was a great assistant!). The flooring only came to about $2,000 for the entire house, and we had the whole thing done in about a week (working all day and night), doing one room a day and then taking breaks to do other things as well. People are still amazed that we did them all ourselves, because they're just THAT gorgeous... go ahead and see for yourself what a difference it made in our house! I sure am one lucky gal to have such low-maintenance floors!

What are you thankful for?

(tell me in the comments)

6 Comments:

At February 12, 2007 at 9:03 AM , Blogger kitchu said...

This is an awesome idea Heather!
The three things I'm grateful for today...
1. My mom. Missing her and grieving the loss of her in life has brought me even closer to her.
2. My boys- Ransom and Gambit (English Bulldog and Bengal Cat)- they bring joy to my life daily! Snugglers, those two.
3. My camera... with every photo I take and many I admire I truly experience something divine, something sacred. It goes beyond a hobby or even an art for me, it's an inner expression of what God created in me, or around me, and there is nothing I love more than capturing that on film.

 
At February 12, 2007 at 10:14 AM , Blogger Brought to you by Her Majesty Magenta said...

Todays Three Things:

1. My house. It is definitely not a fancy house just a regular ranch style, but I prayed for a house for 7 years. I got so desperate that I entertained thought of houses that I realize I would have despised later on. I lived in a double wide mobile home that was great at the time we moved in, and had a gorgeous full sized pool, hot tub, weight room, clubhouse. We spent every spare moment at the pool, but I finally go to the point where I wanted a garden and to build equity. I asked God to lead us to the house we would be happiest in and I can tell you I thank him everyday. It has all the things that make me happy.

2. My family. When I was little my highest aspiration was to be a mom. I dreamed of being the "Room mother" at school, taking care of the house and kids, going to Christmas plays and making the costumes. All of which I have had an opportunity to do.

3. My incredible husband. When I was young I believed I was very homely (I was) and I prayed that I would be "just pretty enough" to get married. My hubby and I have had our difficult times, but he is my daily dose of laughter and makes my boring personality come to life just to keep up with his effervescent one.

 
At February 12, 2007 at 12:04 PM , Blogger Beckyb said...

What a fun idea for a blog - we all needed to be reminded to be thankful. My three: 1) My family - I am blessed with a wonderful, supportive husband, three sweet boys, one little daughter from China and one more daughter on the way!!! I am blessed beyond measure! 2) Health - we have been sick for almost two weeks now - boy, nothing like that to remind you how thankful you should be for your health!! and 3)Winter - my favorite time of year - I LOVE IT!!! (I realize I'm the only one NOT complaining about winter but it's true - I still love it!!)

 
At February 12, 2007 at 8:26 PM , Blogger Email Marketing Yenta said...

Heather this is great.....and important. I am linking this to my blog...

1. I am thankful for the most wonderful family. Loving parents, who I adore, aunts, uncles who are still with us and I pray for them to stay healthy, a fabulous sister, a great brother in law, wonderful stepchildren, and of course my husband. I have my moments with him, but I wouldn't want to be with anyone else ....
That was a huge list, but I am lucky.

I am thankful for having a job I love. I love my job, the industry I am in, and the ability I have to work with ideas. I am thankful for great clients and a great boss and co-workers

I am thankful for my health. For the fact that I can get up everyday and walk, or even dance if I wanted to!

Love, Wendi

 
At February 12, 2007 at 9:23 PM , Blogger redmaryjanes said...

Ok,

1-Zachary, my oldest son. My first true love as a mother.
2-Tyler, myself as a boy. We share the same soul.
3-Elijah, my baby boy. He holds my heart in his tiny hands.

 
At February 12, 2007 at 10:49 PM , Blogger Michelle said...

Oh, I love this idea! I was actually thinking of doing something similiar on my blog, posting one thing each day that I am thankful for. I too have been going through a rough patch and I tend to dwell a lot on the negative. Here's my three for today
1. My husband. He is so supportive of me, in so many ways. (I hope we can use the same thing more than once, because I am thankful for him everyday!)
2. My doggies. They bring such joy into my life.
3. That we live in a clean, safe neighborhood. This has not always been the case.

Thank you for starting this! I will be back!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home