Monday, February 19, 2007

Good sleep, my hat, slow work days

1. Lastnight I went to bed at 10:30 instead of my usual 1am (or later). I slept all the way to 9am, when hubby actually had to physically wake me up. I RARELY get such a good nights sleep, but I've been extremely tired this week and I guess this is what I needed (although I could probably sleep even more!). I am REALLY thankful for getting such a great nights rest.

2. See, I have this hat. I crocheted it, copying one that I saw an old woman wearing a few years ago. I'd stopped her at the mall to ask about the hat and she told me she'd made it nearly 40 years ago when she was in her 20's, and she has never gotten so many compliments on a hat before. Well, I made one similar, and now I get compliments on mine, too. But better than that, is that it keeps me SO WARM! I have been wearing it all day, keeping warm in my cold office. I'm thankful for running into that woman and being able to crochet a hat just like it, but I'm more thankful for the 2 years of use I've gotten out of it! (I'll try to post a pic later!)

3. Today is Presidents day and I am at work. Thankfully, we deal with mostly lawfirms, and many are CLOSED! I am thankful to have such a slow workday after a four day weekend!

What are YOU thankful for?

(Tell me in your comments!)

1 Comments:

At February 19, 2007 at 7:33 PM , Blogger redmaryjanes said...

Today is an emotional one since I am home.

I am grateful that my Aunt stepped in and became the rock in my life when my mother passed away.

I am grateful that my Grandmother has me and my babies to look at and know that her daughter left something amazing in this world.

I am grateful that I am here to be the rock for my baby sister.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home