Thursday, February 21, 2008

Better sense, Valentines cards, loyal followers

1. I've recently had some stress directed at me by an acquaintance and I came very close to telling them where to go. The fact of the matter is, my life and happiness is far too important to allow this kind of crap into my life, and I came just shy of cutting them off for good. But I have better sense. I knew that this would bring up a whole new fresh hell for me so I sucked it up, took the blow (again, for the umpteenth time), and just waved it off. I am so thankful to know when arguing my point will do nothing but more harm. Sometimes you have to consider the source and just suck it up if you want peace.

2. Walternatives sent me a gorgeous, hand made Valentine's day card. it is amazing and I am ever grateful to have been on her recipient list.

3. I don't always post here, yet Patricia and Janet are ALWAYS here posting their own Three Thanks when I do. I am always grateful for them because sometimes there are days where just knowing they're wondering where my post is is the only reason I DO post! I love you both...

What are YOU Thankful for?

(Tell me in the comments!)

2 Comments:

At February 21, 2008 at 10:49 PM , Blogger Patricia said...

We must be on the same path right now...

1. I also had a run-in with someone recently who referred to my daughter as, "the chubby one"...burns me up just typing it out!! Like you, I held back, & although on the way home from the incident I was seething, in retrospect I'm glad I just held my tongue...some things are just better left unsaid & why even waste energy on stupidity & ignorance...ANYWAY...I am grateful that I kept my mouth shut! :) I am also grateful that I am not so miserable that I have to negatively label other people's children! (so there! lol!)

2. Grateful that my husband was home tonight to take care of my daughter's bloody nose...I am so bad when it comes to blood! (I better get over THAT! lol!)

3. Grateful that my mammogram appt. went quickly & smoothly this morning & I was back at home before 9:30am!! Praying for good results, now!

So glad to see your 3 too! You ROCK, my friend!!

 
At February 21, 2008 at 11:34 PM , Blogger Middle-Aged Moi said...

Okay, Blogger TOTALLY erased what I just wrote! Dorks.

Anyway, here's my three thanks:

1) Remember that "bump in the road" I was telling you about? IT'S NOT A PROBLEM ANYMORE!!!! HOORAY!!!! Everything is still a go!

2) My hubby, who is my ally and sweet companion when things get crappy.

3) My arm is hurting. From the shots I had today. I am thankful that my arm can hurt so I can be protected from deadly diseases.

A BIG HUG TO YOU! Luv ya right back!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home