Thursday, January 17, 2008

Tasty lunch, understanding friends, my capable body

1. I haven't been feeling well lately and was home from work yesterday. Today I was feeling better, but still had no appetite. Finally, just before I was set to go to lunch, it occurred to me that I can get some bland food at my favorite sushi joint down the block. I ordered Miso soup, a salad with avocado & miso dressing, and white rice. It was sooooo tasty and I am soooo thankful to have found something that didn't make me want to hurl...lol.

2. I'm (most likely) going away to Atlanta in Feb and a friend of mine (who I adore) lives in Nashville. When I mentioned to her that I'd be there and when, she was so excited and asked if she could drive the 3 hours to Atlanta to spend some time with me. I initially told her yes, but after thinking about it, I have no idea what's planned or if I'll even have time to spend with her. I casually mentioned this to her and she understood immediately. I am thankful for mature, self secure, and understanding friends.

3. Again, I'm am constantly amazed at what my body is capable of. Even though I haven't been feeling good these past few days, just when I need to feel better, I do. When I have time to relax and rest, and do, I immediately feel better. I am ever grateful for this body of mine.

What are YOU thankful for?

(Tell me in the comments!)

3 Comments:

At January 17, 2008 at 3:22 PM , Blogger Kelley said...

I'm thankful for...
1. weight loss (even if it is from a stomach virus)
2. feeling better!
3. my daughter who always makes me smile

 
At January 17, 2008 at 5:43 PM , Blogger Middle-Aged Moi said...

I have always found white rice to be the easiest thing to digest and handle when I'm not feeling well.

Now, on to my thanks:

1) Date night with hubby tonight. I will be thankful for a quiet dinner. Ahhhhh....I can just hear the silence now....LOL!

2) A new idea I got for homeschooling to make spelling waaaay more fun!

3) Good and mature friends. I loved your post about that. Mature friends are hard to come by, but priceless.

 
At January 17, 2008 at 10:27 PM , Blogger Patricia said...

1. Thankful for the spiritual journey that I am on right now...it's giving me a feeling of peace & serenity that's been long missing from my life.

2. Thankful for all the "I love you, mom"s that I got today from my amazing daughter.

3. My parents, who are in their
80's (!!) moved today & I am so thankful it all went smoothly!!

Glad you are feeling better when it counts!! And white rice is WONDERFUL for tummy issues! :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home