Tuesday, February 26, 2008

My body, my hubby, my friends

1. I don't have a perfect body. In fact, it's the farthest from perfect it has ever been in my entire existence. But you know what? I have a healthy body that sustains life without issue; no medications, no cane or wheelchair, no real pain. To not be grateful for that would be crazy. I am so thankful for my incredible machine of a body, full of life...

2. I wasn't feeling well y'day at all and I barely ate anything all day (and what I did eat wasn't all that nutritious). Last night I asked Hubby to make me some scrambled eggs in the morning (he makes the BEST scrambled eggs. I assure you, it IS possible to make a bad scrambled egg...lol). So when I was in the shower, he made me scrambled eggs and an English muffin, even though he was running late himself! I am so thankful to have such a great husband, I really and truly am...

3. I have some really great friends. These people are good enough to know that I don't always want them to tell me what they think I want to hear, but even without asking them, they always validate exactly what I'm thinking - verifying for me that I'm not (as) crazy after all...lol. I'm so grateful for these like-minded individuals...


What are YOU thankful for?

(Tell me in the comments!)

2 Comments:

At February 26, 2008 at 11:00 AM , Blogger Patricia said...

I am so grateful....

1. To FINALLY get back to working out!! I've been on somewhat of a hiatus ever since we got back from CHina (yikes, that's a bit over 2 years already!!) & got sidelined by a broken toe, various mild sicknesses, & a million & one excuses...ANYWAY...I went yesterday & felt FABULOUS...had more energy than I've had in MONTHS & today am still reaping those benefits! So thankful that DH pushed me to go! :)

2. To have read something in someone's blog that gave me so much encouragement & inspiration...I am really grateful for the incredible people who have opened up their lives to so many of us in this land of blogs! :)

3. To experience QUIET...it is soooo quiet here right now which allows me to think, reflect & just enjoy "being"!

 
At February 27, 2008 at 12:44 PM , Blogger Middle-Aged Moi said...

I give thanks for:

1) SUNSHINE! I feel like I've just woken up from a long, dreary nap. When you live where I do, sunshine can be a beautiful thing!

2) Babies from Africa. (again. I just can't help it....:-))

3) My son, who made me a card that said, "You're sweet, nice, and a good mom. I love you." Melt my little heart.....

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home