Thursday, March 1, 2007

Hubby, beer, one more day

For some reason today I'm finding it hard to find things to be eagerly and enthusiastically thankful about. I have a ton of things, but nothing is jumping out at me at the moment.

1. Hubby. I have a tendency to bottle things up and then unload them all at once. It's not that I don't try to discuss these things when they arise, it's just that they aren't really met with any great enthusiasm, so I hold back on the discussion, trying to convince myself that "it doesn't really matter anyway...". What happens then is that it really DOES matter and it sits and festers into a nice frothy boil that must eventually explode. I am thankful that when I "explode", hubby doesn't get defensive and he understands that I'm just very passionate about what I'm talking about. I do wish he'd have more to say during these times, but I'll jsut stop and be thankful for his understanding that I'm not attacking him...

2. Beer. Anyone who ever said "having a beer won't help in this situation" never had a beer when they were really, really stressed out! lol! Sometimes I walk away from a situation (mainly a person that I can't control how they are talking to me because they are a client) and after having one tall, cold, icy tap beer (Bass Ale of course), it makes it all better for the next time I have to deal with them :)

3. One more day til Friday. Need I say more???

What are YOU thankful for?

(Tell me in your comments!)

2 Comments:

At March 1, 2007 at 8:36 PM , Blogger redmaryjanes said...

1-I stayed on my diet.
2-I got some great deals on some sweaters today!
3-Ugly Betty, Grey's Anatomy and Men in Trees are on tonight!

 
At March 2, 2007 at 10:50 AM , Blogger yofed said...

1-It's Friday!

2-I finally managed to go for a long walk and weigh under 140!!!

3-Baptism and wedding dates set, now there is less to worry about!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home