Wednesday, August 1, 2007

no pain, Wednesday, moving?

1. Ever since I had the second miscarriage in Feb, my "Aunt Flo" has been completely bizarre, painful, and getting worse and worse each month in many ways. This month was no exception. But this time. after being in pain at work, I left at the end of the day and on my way home, broke out into a cold sweat and just hoped to make it home before I really started feeling ill. Well, I made it home and I had a temperature of 100 (mine is usually 97. something, so that's like 101). I took some antibiotics that my Dr had given me for something else a few weeks ago, and sat on the couch in a daze, drifting in and out of sleep. About two hours later, I felt better. I went to sleep hoping I'd wake up and not feel sick, and, this morning when I got up, I was ok. I know I should go see my GYN, and I will, but for right now, I'm happy and thankful to be feeling better.

2. It's Wednesday, and that means it's halfway through the week - and I am thankful for that!

3. Yesterday I told Hubby that for our 10 year anniversary, I wanted to move to North Carolina - and he said "ok, let's work on a 5 year plan". I was floored. This has been something I've wanted to do before meeting him, and before getting married he'd originally said yes but totally changed his tune after getting married. Not sure what changed his mind, but at long last, I feel like I at least feel like I have some forward moving momentum in my life. I am very thankful for whatever gave Hubby a change of heart.

What are YOU thankful for?

(Tell me in your comments!)

4 Comments:

At August 1, 2007 at 11:24 AM , Blogger Kelley said...

Hey, why North Carolina? (I lived there for about a year and a half when I was a kid, and I loved it--GORGEOUS!!)

I'm thankful for...
*wonderful long walks
*feet that don't hurt
*long baby naptimes (smile!)

 
At August 1, 2007 at 12:40 PM , Blogger Patricia said...

1. Today I had zippo planned for my daughter...a dangerous thing...but at 8:45 my buddy in the building called for a playdate & we hauled all the kiddies out to the sprinkler park for a couple of hours. The kids had a blast with each other which gave us moms got a chance to catch up! LOVE the spur of the moment playdate that works out like that! :)

2. DH got his fingerprints taken today!! YAHOO!! Now all we wait for is the "golden ticket" Soooo thankful this looooooong paperchase is almost over! Now for the looooooong wait...

3. Very thankful my daughter just sunk into her crib for naptime! Usually takes a lot longer than it did today & she needs the sleep!!

Patricia/NYC
lucky momma to a rascal from Hubei

 
At August 1, 2007 at 5:30 PM , Blogger ~Kristen said...

Thankful... I think NOT... 5 years, what was that... NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

LOL... JK, but really?

 
At August 1, 2007 at 7:46 PM , Blogger Michelle said...

I have been out of town, so I have ALOT of catching up to do! I am listing more than three because of my absence.
1. Vacations. Just came back from one. It was needed and I am thankful for having it.
2. The Nothern CA coastline. Breathtaking.
3. Trees
4. Campfires
5. Rivers, where you can swim in them, throw rocks into them, jump off of rocks into them, or just sit by them. All of which I did this weekend.
6. The beach, where I also spent a lot of time this weekend.
7. My niece and nephew, for the funny thinsg they do, and for always making me smile.
8. Camping with family and starting a family tradition
9. My hubby. There is no one else I would rather spend eight hours in a car with.
10. Cooking over a fire. Nothing tastes better.
11. Beautiful weather for the weekend, in a place where it is not always warm and sunny.
12. Coming home to my nice comfy bed after sleeping four nights on the ground

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home