Saturday, January 5, 2008

State of calm, a helpful husband, good soup

1. I am extremely grateful for my state of calm. Some things make me very anxious, some things don't. Lately, nothing does. And for that, I'm grateful.

2. Hubby stayed home from work yesterday and when I got home, the Christmas tree was put away, some of the gifts put away, and the whole downstairs vacuumed. I am very thankful for my helpful hubby!

3. I scored a huge bag of pre-chopped kale at BJ's last week and the expiration date was growing nearer. I decided today to just fudge a pot of soup made with whatever I had in my cupboards. Black beans, kale, diced roasted tomatoes, onions, garlic, chicken broth and some corn and I had myself some kick ass soup - and, it's incredibly healthy to boot! I am thankful for my really great cooking skills!

What are YOU thankful for?

(Tell me in the comments!)

2 Comments:

At January 5, 2008 at 10:33 PM , Blogger Patricia said...

1. I am so thankful for the wonderful friends we have, who have embraced our daughter so lovingly...we had dinner with them & their kids tonight & had such a terrific time!

2. Thankful that my apartment is SPARKLING right now...big up to DH who helped me clean today! :)

3. Thankful for the state of peace & calm in my household tonight...music to my ears!

 
At January 6, 2008 at 12:06 AM , Blogger Middle-Aged Moi said...

First, that soup sounds REALLY good!

Now, things I am thankful for:

1) My warm, fuzzy, lime green slippers.

2) candy cane mint green tea.

3) Orange cats. I just like them. Which is kinda strange, since both of my cats are black and white.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home