Wednesday, March 5, 2008

It's been a while

1. I'm thankful that I'm able to get liquids down, and keep them down (fingers crossed). I have bronchitis AND the flu. Since y'day I've had a fever that won't go away, hacking cough, body aching horribly, (violently) vomiting up anything I put in me - but that could have been the Robitussin w/codeine not sitting well. Even broke blood vessels in my face & that's never happened to me before. Was so bad last night almost went to the hospital, even if to just get hydrated. Been up since 3 with another fever, but thankfully none have been over 101 (that was highest and was brief). Let work know I'm not coming in today & will report back to them later this afternoon as to whether I still have a pulse. I'm so dehydrated that I lost 4 pounds overnight. So I'm thankful that I don't have a fever right now and that liquids are staying down.

2. I'm thankful for a husband who, even when he's sick, takes care of me.

3. I'm thankful for my positive attitude in always seeing a bad situation and saying "a week from now, you won't even remember this - it'll all be over before you know it". That's how I'm handling being sick, and I've already got one day down - only 6 more to go...lol.

What are YOU thankful for?

(Tell me in the comments!)

3 Comments:

At March 5, 2008 at 9:17 AM , Blogger Kelley said...

I am SO sorry that you're sick! That's no good. Get better soon!

I'm thankful for:
(1) great sick policy at school so that I can stay home with Chloe when she's sick
(2) a hard-working home-improvement hubby who is great at bathroom remodeling
(3) a mom who doesn't mind me calling her every day and sometimes twice a day to bounce ideas off of

 
At March 5, 2008 at 3:37 PM , Blogger Middle-Aged Moi said...

Oh, sweetie, sorry you are sick! I hope you get better really soon!

My thanks:

1) I cleaned the boys room this morning. It was torture, but I am thankful that it's done, and I'm still alive to speak about it.

2) I am thankful for my hubby, who does a BILLION piles of paperwork for this adoption, plus calling embassies, and such. He is such a blessing.

3) I am thankful that I get to go and lie down for a nap now.....night night!

 
At March 7, 2008 at 3:44 PM , Blogger Patricia said...

Ya know...I wrote a comment but I don't know what happened to it! I must admit I was much more thankful the other day when I wrote the phantom comment than now! ;)

First, I am sooooo sorry you are so sick! That really stinks! I hope you are feeling much better by now!

1. I'm thankful my daughter has almost recovered from the croup

2. I'm so struggling today to be thankful for anything...this has not been a great day at all...hmmmm...I'm thankful that hubby will be bringing home pizza tonight.

3. OK...forcing myslef now for number 3...thankful that I quickly found a birthday card for my SIL...it usually takes me forever to choose a card for someone.

Thankful this day will be over...I know, that's a really bad way to look at it...but, I really am struggling today...

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home