Friday, April 20, 2007

The sun, healthy & working wrists, my husband

1. This is the first time the sun has been out all month, and I could feel my mood lift immediately. It's amazing what the sun does for my attitude, especially after SUCH a gray season (two seasons actually!). I am extremely grateful to have a sunny weekend to look forward to!

2. I wore my wrist brace to bed last night and didn't take it off while I slept (the way I had done the night before). My wrist has been killing me all day, however I think I realized why that was - because the brace I was wearing was hurting me and sending shooting pains up my arm! I took the brace off and even though my wrist is still a little painful, it's SO much better than it was. I am so thankful to have two healthy & working wrists!

3. I've been thinking a lot about how I'd love for my husband to do something spontaneous for me, like leave me a voicemail just to say he loves me, buy me flowers, or maybe a card. He is extremely loving when we're together, but never thinks to do anything like that on a regular basis (or even bi-annually). I got home last night and after putting my things down, he hands me an envelope and said "here, this is for you!" with a big smile on his face. I open it and it's a small card, which reads, "To know you is to love you..." and on the inside it reads, "... and I know you a whole lot!". I didn't ask for him to do a thing, and yet I thought about it all week - and he went and did it. It brought a tear to my eye and I hugged and thanked him profusely. It's the little things like that that make my week. am so very grateful for my fabulous husband!

What are YOU thankful for?

(Tell me in your comments!)

1 Comments:

At April 20, 2007 at 9:30 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

1. After flying through the absolute WORST turbulence I have EVER experienced, I am SO THANKFUL to have arrived safely at my destination on Friday, yes, the 13th!

2. I am indebted to my husband for suggesting I change my daughter's diaper at our seats on the plane...you see, he suggested this about 2 minutes prior to the WORST & MOST SCARY DROP by our plane. Had I gone to the bathroom to change the diaper, 1 or both of us would have gotten severely injured!

3. I am SO THANKFUL TO BE ALIVE and to share this life with my wonderful husband & beautiful & wonderful daughter who hails from Hubei, CHina. I am PRIVILEGED that we are together as a family.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home