Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Crochet, family BBQ's, audible.com

1. I just finished a loooong overdue crochet project for a friend, and I'm soooo thankful it's finished! But now that it IS finished, sometimes I still amaze myself with my ability to crochet. These projects don't usually turn out exactly as I envision them, but they turn out even better. I am so very thankful that I have the ability to crochet!

2. On Saturday my mother, step dad, sister and nephew all came to our house for a BBQ, in the rain. I still grilled the food, but instead we had to eat at the kitchen table. I made almost everything the night before, even down to the cutting of the veggies for salad - and that made a world of difference in my enjoying the day on Saturday, because there was nothing to prep! We all sat and talked and ate and laughed, and I really enjoyed their company. We don't often get visitors because we live at least an hour from everyone we know. While it keeps people from just dropping by when the house is eyeball deep in cat hair, it also keeps anyone from ever wanting to plan things at your house, which can be depressing sometimes. When all was said and done, my mother called that night after getting home and I was in the shower. She told Hubby that they had such a great time, and that it was so nice sitting all day at the table. You see, they never sit at the table at their house, they always eat in the den. I was thrilled that something so small, something that Hubby and I do very often, was something that was so appreciated! I am very thankful that they made the trek to come visit me and that they had a great time!

3. A few bloggers are reading or have read The Kite Runner and I've been inspired to do the same based on their raving reviews. I knew I'd never have the time to pick up a book, so I went to audible.com and signed up for their "one credit a month" club. They have a sale going right now where your first three months are only $7.95. I signed up and was able do download the book to iTunes and then put it on my iPod, for 1/3 the actual cost of the book. I am grateful that sites like audible exist!

What are YOU thankful for?

(Tell me in the comments!)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home