Wednesday, May 23, 2007

New beginnings, the scale, commenters

1. I just got accepted to the Ornamental Horticulture program at our local community college. I am obsessed with gardening and plants and the like, and I am miserable doing what I do now (computers). I met a fellow adoptive parent and she told me she was a CPA and tossed it all aside to get the very same degree I just got accepted for, at the very same college, and she is fabulously happy now. She is the one who put the seed in my head and now, I'm following in her footsteps! I am so thankful for the courage and opportunity to start anew!

2. The scale continues to go down! I am so thankful for that, and for my belief that it really will happen this time!

3. While I don't blog for comments, they are always nice to get. I see sooooo many blogs where the person will post what they ate for dinner and get 60+ comments. I post something to the effect of a story where I shave my head and get 5 people arrested, and I get under 10. I ask a question and I get even less. Therefore, I am so very grateful for those few people who comment on my blog - your words mean a lot to me, and I appreciate them!

What are YOU thankful for?

(Tell me in your comments!)

5 Comments:

At May 23, 2007 at 9:10 PM , Blogger Michelle said...

1. My bed. I don't have a huge, fancy bed. Just a Queen sized mattress that was a hand me down from a friend. But it is soooooo comfortable. I love going to sleep at night in it.

2. Spaghetti. I haven't been doing much cooking lately, but tonight I made spaghetti and it was quick and easy and Yummm-eee!

3. My doggies. One of them won't be here with us much longer, I am afraid. I try to spend as much time with her as possible. I will miss her so very much.

 
At May 23, 2007 at 9:45 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

1. My "mom" friends in our building! I feel so lucky to have met 2 very awesome moms who happen to have daughters EXACTLY the same age as our daughter! Not only are the girls having a great time together, but so are we! THis is such a RARE thing in Manhattan...to get to know your neighbors & find out they ROCK! :)

2. It's getting easier & easier to put our daughter to sleep at night & for that I am eternally grateful! This has been the hardest part for all of us...& I never thought I'd see this day!

3. My awesome husband, who picked up BOTH of our Good COnduct letters for dossier #2 AND had them notarized! This, from the man who has no clue as to what goes into the paperchase! :)

We're getting there for DD2!
Patricia/NYC

 
At May 23, 2007 at 10:16 PM , Blogger Rhonda said...

The head shaving I knew about...now what's this about arrests? Hmm? I told you about Hoppy the bow-legged postman. You have to talk about the arrests (even though it's not true)...

or I'll tell you about Bimbo the clown (and sadly, THAT's true). You'll just have to wait for tomorrow. ;)

Wow, I totally sound wacky. Woo!

 
At May 23, 2007 at 10:27 PM , Blogger kitchu said...

I am grateful for 1) that most amazing dream I had last night... I get teary just thinking about it, and my throat goes all tight on me, 2) The monastery and the way those monks inspire me to reach deeper into myself- you have to reach in in order to reach out, 3) healing... and seeing the fruits of pain and suffering

I'm jealous your scale is going down as mine continues to creep up... I cannot seem to get back ON that weight loss wagon!

 
At May 23, 2007 at 10:27 PM , Blogger kitchu said...

PS. I have no idea why you don't get more comments. You are witty and a thinker and a photographer and your sarcasm is the bomb.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home