Monday, June 18, 2007

My body, a long weekend, getting a sign

1. I am a HEAVY gal. WAY heavier than I should be (100+ pounds over in fact). But I am very active in my yard all weekend long, doing things that "fit" women would never even attempt to do. Hell, there are lots of men I know who wouldn't do these things either. I am just so thankful that even at my size, I'm able to do sooooo much hard & strenuous work. I am thankful for the overweight body that is capable of so much.

2. This was a regular weekend for me, but for some reason it seemed so much longer. I love feeling that I got the most out of my weekend instead of having it fly by. I am thankful for the feeling of having a full and long weekend.

3. I've been trying to justify the psychotic amount of money I spend on my hair every few months. Each time I go and my hair turns out perfect, I feel satisfied that my money was well spent. Well, I went again this Saturday and once again was justifying the expense with my friend, saying that it's too hard to find someone new because they screw up your hair. Well, I had the chance to finally wash and style my own hair last night and I noticed that the low lights he put in look AWFUL. It's almost as if he didn't get the hair color on all of the hair, because it's spotty and streaky. There's no way of explaining it really without a visual, but let's just say for the money I paid, I should come out with pristine color - not a palm sized chunk of hair that is speckled and streaked, and INCREDIBLY noticeable unless I style my hair "just so". I called and left a message stating that I will need to go back in next Saturday to get it fixed, because I have no time during the week to do it. So I spent 3 hours in there this past Saturday, and because of their gross error, I have to spend another 3 this coming Saturday. So, how is it I'm thankful for this? Well, I always said in my head that if he wasn't so good, I would find someone cheaper. Guess what - the Universe gave me a sign saying "you can go find someone cheaper now...", and that's exactly what I intend on doing. I am thankful to have this experience so that I can now go and find a cheaper hair stylist.

What are YOU thankful for?

(Tell me in your comments!"

1 Comments:

At June 18, 2007 at 8:14 AM , Blogger Rhonda said...

I guess this is the part where you hate me...my styling is $18 and colour is about $40something... ;)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home