Tuesday, May 29, 2007

My yard, my hubby, my body

1. I freaking love my yard. I know I spend money that I don't have on plants, but after all is said and done, I love my yard. I swear to you, it is my meditation, my therapy, my homeopathic prozac...lol. Although I'll be paying it off well into the winter months, right now the end result to me, is priceless. I am so happy and thankful for my beautiful yard...

2. Over the past few weekends, my Hubby has busted his ass digging and hauling stuff to create a gorgeous walk on the side of the garage for us. I am so impressed with the result, but more impressed with his efforts. He tends to be a "glass half empty" kinda guy, complaining about things that are either microscopic, or haven't even happened yet. And yes, it does kill my spirit some. But he has approached this project with the gusto of a man who cannot fail, and boy did he do a fabulous job - with minimal complaining throughout. I am so thankful for my hubby and his positive attitude that helped him create a gorgeous walkway!

3. I have worked in my yard for 36 hours this past holiday weekend. I busted my butt so hard, there were times at the end of the night I thought I'd cry because my feet hurt so badly. But you know what? I survived - and I did more than I thought I was capable of doing, and it feels great knowing that. Yes, my body hurts - but I can do it all and did do it all, and the more I do it, the less I will hurt. I am sooooo incredibly grateful for my amazing body that is capable of so very much more than I give it credit for.

What are YOU thankful for?

(Tell me in your comments!)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home