Thursday, May 31, 2007

Searching...

I've been in a really foul mood lately, and I'm searching for something to write about being thankful for. It's not that I don't have things to be thankful for, everyone does no matter how tumultuous their life is. But I'm just being pissy about it.

Since no one comes here save for a few peeps I dig, I'm going to use this blog to vent. I'd post about it on my other blog, but it's a juvenile vent and I would rather not be mocked for it. But still, it's bugging me and I just don't freaking get it.

I don't blog for comments. I truly don't. I like when people comment, but it's not why I blog.

But... why is it that some people can post about what they ate for lunch and get 40 comments, and I can post about a horrific event in my life and get 9? Some people post about having nothing to say and get 60+... Me? I can post about finding out I'm pregnant with triplets the day before boarding a plane to China (just an example) and get less than 12.

So here's my question: What gives? What makes a post about paint drying so much more interesting and comment-worthy than my post about my father having a sex-change operation (again, just an example)?

I told you this was juvenile... but I just can't help but wonder WTF people are thinking when they get all wrapped up on someone else's blog in a post about technically.... nothing. I guess my problem is that I hope for people to comment and when they don't, I get bummed out. That never used to be the case, my wanting comments... that is, until I started seeing posts on other blogs getting 40+ comments about something like fried bologna. Hell, I poured my soul out regarding my miscarriage and I only received something like 19 comments. AGAIN, I don't blog for comments, but when I see that I get over a hundred hits a day and yet only 4 comments, it really does make me wonder what makes a post comment worthy or not, and why my posts are the "not's".

Ok, my juvenile rant is over. But if anyone has any ideas as to why this is the case, please let me know...

Ok, three thanks:

1. I am thankful for my husband, who always has a wise ass comment for me when I get home

2. I am thankful that I stood up for myself to the cretin I work with

3. I am thankful that my relationship with the other person at work went from horrific to really great


What are YOU thankful for?

(Tell me in your comments!)

5 Comments:

At May 31, 2007 at 8:03 PM , Blogger ~Kristen said...

Gahh.. we just su*k LOL!!! I hear ya girl.. It always amazes me when other people post about bowel movements or how depressed they are, or some long boohoo my life sucks and I can't get over it post and they get like a thousand comments... I don't get it either, and I can't be bothered. I figure they don't need my stupid comment along with the "real" friends they have commenting. Therefore, I PM people I care to be in touch with.

Wow.. that sounded really bitchy of me huh!!! I guess it really annoys me too!

My laziness problem comes from reading posts through bloglines.. you can't comment there, so therefore I comment less. Maybe if I did more, more people would visit me... But I get ya!!!

drop me note or call me when ya have time.. I have some days off in June, and would love to get together, sit in your yard and make fun of Scary Mary while drinking summer cocktails!!!

 
At May 31, 2007 at 8:48 PM , Blogger Rhonda said...

GAH! I better comment or you're gonna purple mug my ass.

By the way, Kristen, Scary Mary and cocktails don't mix, we all might pass out and she'd shoo a bear in our direction. Who even SHOOs a bear? What was she smoking?!

 
At May 31, 2007 at 10:47 PM , Blogger Michelle said...

I used to wonder the same thing. It used to really bother me. But then I decided I have too many other things to worry about, and that isn't why I started my blog. But it is annoying. Sometimes I am in a very "chatty" mood and I comment on everything I read, and other times my low self esteem gets in the way and I think to myself "I don't really have anything to say that this person would want to hear" Stupid, I know.

Anyway, here are my "three thanks" for today:
1. Sunny So. CA weather. The weather was perfect here today
2. That I live so close to the beach. We spent all morning there and is was heavenly.
3. Both my husband and I having a day off during the week, when everyone else is at work.

 
At June 3, 2007 at 8:07 AM , Blogger kitchu said...

Hmmm... I'm feeling lumped into Kristen's category- now I wonder if she sees me this way- a twinge of hurt. Maybe I post about too much personal stuff, but I hope she doesn't see me as one of those who "boo-hoo's" about how my "life sucks" as I've noticed she rarely if ever comments on my blog (anymore). I always try to write honestly and from my heart... anyway, so now that I've made this ALL ABOUT ME- let me say this:

As for you, my sweet friend, I have NO clue why people bother with me and I'm always shocked you're not getting more comments. You have tremendous wit and you're a great read. You have one of my fave blogs...

My 3 thanks?
1. Leaving for the monastery in 8 days. SO completely thankful for that respite and time away from work.
2. My yellow flowers are blooming like crazy. I planted them. I don't know what the heck they even are. But they are blooming. Love that.
3. I know I've said it before, but my camera. There is nothing better to me than finding something new and creative to capture in a photograph....

speaking of which, when do we post our first "impression"??

 
At June 3, 2007 at 8:19 AM , Blogger kitchu said...

PS. I fully admit to waking up feeling really a bit insecure this morning, by the by. Had to clean out a closet filled with wedding photos and honeymoon memories yesterday, so the blues had kinda set in...

and Kristen has always been dear to me since I started blogging, cuz she was one of the first bloggers I had contact with in email and stuff. Plus she helped me with my header long before I found you Heather.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home