Tuesday, June 5, 2007

Bladder infection, Money, Nicotiana

1. Google, my youngest cat, decided last weekend that peeing in places where there is no litter box was ok to do. I on the other hand, lost my shit over it. None of my cats have ever done that before, and I've had cats my entire life. I knew that this was one of two things: a UTI or bladder infection, or he was peeing to mark his territory. We waited he week to see if he'd do it again, and either he hasn't, or we just haven't found the spots he's gone in since (ewww, I'm freaking jsut thinking about it). We decided it was time to go to the vet just to rule out illness, and as it turns out, he has trace amounts of blood in his urine, aka, mild bladder infection. We were given some liquid meds to administer via eye dropper (what fun - he'll have my fingers for lunch) and told to return in 10 days to do another urine culture. I am SOOOOOO thankful that he has a bladder infection and that he isn't just peeing all over to mark his territory!

2. It seems that just when I think I don't have any more money, a lot of it turns up out of nowhere. I am sooooo grateful and thankful for all the money that is now coming into my life.

3. I have planted copious amounts of annuals in window boxes all around my house, but I added a new one called nicotiana (tobacco flower) this year because it is supposedly hummingbird friendly. One of the other added bonuses of this flowering annual is that it has the most amazing smell! I planted them in all my deck planters and we frequently open the sliding glass doors as well as the windows in the living room, just to get a cross breeze. Now, with the nicotiana planted, the smells coming into my house are just beautiful - it smells like summer time in here all the time now. I have yet to see a hummingbird go near it yet (they visit the feeders and the honeysuckle only for right now), but in the meantime, I'll jsut enjoy their perfumey smell! I am so thankful for my beautifully smelling flowers!

What are YOU thankful for?

(Tell me in your comments!)

1 Comments:

At June 5, 2007 at 2:22 PM , Blogger Rhonda said...

Eep! Poor Google, I hope he feels better soon. (I won't regale you with stories of what Deuce does when he's unwell...much, MUCH nastier). I'll let your imagination work overtime on that one. ;)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home