Friday, August 24, 2007

Oops, my bad...

Y'day was Thankful Thursday and I didn't even post any thanks! Ugh!

1. It seems that here in the northeast, the summer has already been shoved out the door and the fall has ushered itself in. Ok, well maybe it doesn't feel like that today, but it has felt like that for a week now. And, it's got me yearning for the days of pumpkins, wool sweaters, and the fiery, blazing hues of the trees as they don their autumn shawls of color. We've even slept with the windows open almost every night this week, and it's been chilly... perfect sleeping weather if you ask me. So, my first thanks is to the summer that took care of my plants so well, and the fall that is coming right behind it, that I can't wait for...

2. Again, even though the scale has stopped (it's THAT time of the month, my peeps), I continue to see the changes in my body despite the fact that I've still only lost 14% of the total number I need to lose. that equals 6.3% of my total body weight lost so far. I was shooting for 17% lost by Labor Day and 7.3% of my body weight gone, but with this wretched monthly female virus (of which I'm having serious issues with right now on top of it), I may not get there. But I still regard my changing form with approval regardless, and I am thankful for the opportunity to see the change through my eyes on my body, rather than through my body on the scale...

3. I love my fabulous husband. I am blessed and have been given the gift of a noble, kind, generous, morally steadfast man, and I am thankful for him.

What are YOU thankful for?

(Tell me in your comments!)

3 Comments:

At August 24, 2007 at 5:59 PM , Blogger Middle-Aged Moi said...

I am thankful for:

1) Having my house back- all my company is gone, and, as much as I love them and loved having them here, I am thankful for peace and quiet.

2) My hubby who makes the orange juice every morning. BEcause I hate making it.

3) Dark chocolate. 'Nuff said.

 
At August 24, 2007 at 8:42 PM , Blogger Patricia said...

1. No meltdowns! Lately, when DD comes home from school, she's been having horrific meltdowns...so bad that she has said in the middle of them, "I don't like you!"...after I take the knife out of my heart, I get her to calm down...I attribute it to not napping at school. Well, today, she napped! No meltdown & the 3 of us were able to go out to our favorite Southwest restaurant! Yee Haaa!

2. I did NOT lose my wallet again! Can you believe I thought this happened AGAIN??? It didn't...I happened to put it in a very safe compartment of a new bag that I was using, after my workout. It scares me that barely 2 hours later I didn't even remember doing that & thought I lost it again! I lost it all right, but it's not the wallet I lost! ;)

3. PATIENCE!!! I am STILL in a very patient state & am eternally grateful for that!!

 
At August 24, 2007 at 9:42 PM , Blogger yarnmaniac said...

My three:

1. My daughter in all her dramatic cuteness.

2. My continued perseverance in working out.

3. Knitting!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home