Saturday, August 4, 2007

Air conditioning, baby steps, good friends

1. I'm cleaning my house this entire weekend and OMG I am dripping with sweat. I had the air conditioner in the bedroom on and it helped, but every time I left that room it was an oven. I am thankful to be able to sit and take a break in my very very cold air conditioned room!

2. Like I said, I'm cleaning. But I'm not doing the "just put things somewhere so you can't see them" type of hurried "straightening", I'm REALLY going through things, throwing things out, organizing things, etc. I just moved a tiny book case from our bedroom to our crawl space (it's pretty huge actually and I can stand in it) and organized and moved all of the books that were on it as well. I cleaned out my nightstand drawer, under the nightstand (stray books there too) and moved another stack of books and magazines upstairs to the crawl space as well. Time spent? 2 hours. You'd never knew I did a damn thing in here for two hours because the place is still a sty...lol. However, moving those books has been on my list of things to do for almost a year if you can believe it - so I am thankful to finally have it done, no matter if it looks like I've done nothing...lol.

3. After my recent bout with an ass of a dr, I had a few bloggy pals email me. One even gave me the name of her Dr and guess what - they're in my medical plan! I am SO thankful for that, and thankful for my bloggy pals who support me.

What are YOU thankful for?

(Tell me in your comments!)

2 Comments:

At August 4, 2007 at 8:28 PM , Blogger Michelle said...

1. Going out tonight. We are about to leave to meet some new friends for a movie. Out two nights in a row. That's got to be some kind of record!
2. Job interviews. I have had several lately and am grateful for them. Now if one would only lead to a job!
3. Packing. I can't believe I just typed that. I abhor packing. But it has really helped me to get rif of some much needed stuff, and de-clutter our small apartment.

 
At August 4, 2007 at 9:58 PM , Blogger Middle-Aged Moi said...

1) Family! We had a 40th anniversary party for my aunt and uncle today adn I had a great time with my extended family!

2) My parents are here visiting and it's SO much fun!

3) The new Harry Potter book. My hubby FINALLY finished it and now I get to read it! WOOO HOOOOO!!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home