Monday, August 6, 2007

Short week, less pain, moulding

1. This week I took off on Thursday & Friday to prepare for a gathering at my house. Just knowing that I don't have to work the full week is sooooooo less stressful! I also usually only take one day off before a big event, but then I spent that entire day killing myself with cleaning, and then have to shoot straight into the party day with no reprieve. However this time around, I thought of that ahead of time and took both Thursday AND Friday off! I am so thankful to have a short week and to have had the forethought to take two days instead of one.

2. My heel spurs in my right foot were so bad yesterday that I was afraid of getting up off the couch a few times, afraid of the pain that I knew would follow. However this morning it's feeling MUCH better... I am thankful to have much less pain in my foot!

3. I was able to put up moulding in our bathroom this weekend - and it looks GREAT! While I did that, Hubby was upstairs cleaning...lol. We're soooo opposites in that arena - I do all the home improvement stuff, he does all the laundry...lol. I'm sure it could be better, but I think that for a novice, it tuned out pretty damn good. I am thankful to be resourceful enough to do almost any home DIY task set out to do!!!

What are YOU thankful for?

(Tell me in your comments!)

2 Comments:

At August 6, 2007 at 10:23 AM , Blogger Michelle said...

1. A restful Sunday. I have been so exhausted since we came back from our trip, but yesterday I got to sleep in (wayyyy in), and now I feel totally rested today. Ahhhhh...
2. My temp job. I am so thankful to be babysitting my fiend's little girl this summer while I look for a real job. I don't know what I would do with myself if I was sitting home every day.
3. Short week. I have a short week too! I have Friday off. Granted, it is so we can move, but still, a four day work week. Yes!

 
At August 6, 2007 at 2:09 PM , Blogger Patricia said...

1. Short week here too! We leave for vacation this Friday to AZ...can't wait!! So thankful that we decided to go despite our daughter's screaming on a plane...I just hope the portable DVD player we just bought this weekend will help!

2. Another school day & my daughter went off like a happy little camper! I'm so thankful for that & for ALL that I accomplished today already!

3. SOOO grateful that I was able to go work out this morning! I haven't done it in MONTHS & MONTHS & my body was really feeling it! I feel so much more relaxed now!

Patricia/NYC
lucky momma to a rascal from Hubei

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home