Monday, September 24, 2007

feeling good, writing ability, friends who check in on me

1. I had a doozie of a painful Saturday. My womanly issues reached their all time high when I had to resort to prescription controlled substances to take the edge off. To say that a knife in the face would have been a nice distraction is putting it mildly. I am thankful to have a Dr's appt on Oct 9th and I'm thankful to not be in so much pain today.

2. I am a good writer... at least I think so anyway...lol. I may not be a literary genius or the best with grammatically correct paragraphs. And I might not even be the best speller - but I write the way I speak. I write using the words themselves as punctuation, in a way to most accurately and succinctly get my point and views across to the reader so that they can feel what I'm saying as well as hear it. I don't always think I'm a good writer, but after perusing some articles on the net this past week, I think I've missed my calling... because I know I'm better than at least a quarter of them.... I am thankful for my writing ability :)

3. I am thankful for my friends here who check in on me when I take a bloggy break :) I love you guys :)

What are YOU thankful for?

(Tell me in the comments!)

2 Comments:

At September 24, 2007 at 9:18 PM , Blogger Patricia said...

1. SOme very small thing happened at the grocery store today & it reminded me to take a step back, chill out & relax: As I was rushing like a mad woman through the very cramped aisles of the store, I noticed that a woman with a baby stroller & a woman with a wagon collided around one of the corners. It was clearly the "wagon woman's" fault & she apologized profusely - she seemed almost nervous that the other woman would yell at her or something (quite the norm here in these parts, unfortunately!). The "stroller woman" just smiled sweetly & clamly said, "Oh, don't you worry about it, sweet, these things happen. It's ok, no big deal, don't you worry about a thing." And I thought...HOW REFRESHING!!! I'm thankful that I witnessed that because it immediately made me feel relaxed & reminded me to just BE instead of Be-ING in a rush! What a happier place the city would be if everyone reacted like the "stroller woman'!

2. BIG challenges thrown my way lately & it's been tough for me, personally, but I have to be thankful because it seems to be "you know who's" way of saying to me: "You want patience? Gotta earn it, chickadee!" And I'm thankful that I get the message!

3. My broken toe is getting better every day! :)

 
At September 24, 2007 at 11:05 PM , Blogger Middle-Aged Moi said...

I think you're a good writer too!

And today, I'm thankful for:

1) My husband, who just took the garbage out so I don't have to do it tomorrow!

2) Being able to "play hooky" from a meeting tonight. I just wanted to stay home. Ah....I love home.

3) My dog, who is my faithful friend, and follows me around...like a....lost puppy. :-) It's nice to have someone adore you unquestioningly. :-)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home