Thursday, August 30, 2007

my hair, my ring, my husband

1. I did something last night that I didn't think I would do ever again - I colored my own hair. I did this for three huge reasons: first, I have been going to my hair guy for years, but the last two or three times I've gone, he isn't doing my hair the way I want it done, nor doing it the color I've wanted it either. He is coloring it the way HE wants it, and that my peeps, is not good business practice. I tell him darker, he goes lighter. I tell him lighter, it stays the same and doesn't even look like he's done a thing to it. The second reason is that - and don't choke - I can no longer afford the almost $300 it was costing me to get it done every 2-3 months. I know, I know, it's totally ridiculous to pay that much to get your hair done, but he wasn't always that expensive, and it's the only vice I have that I spend money on, and that's because once you have someone totally screw up your hair to the point of being in tears, you don't care how much you pay to have it done right. Gradually over the years he's increased his prices, and like a lemming I just follow along with the inflated prices and keep paying it because it's easier to shell out an extra $100 to not have to find someone new who charges less. Lastly, each time I've been there over the past year or more, the cost is always the same no matter what I get done to my hair - and how can THAT be??? If you go into the store one day and buy milk, bread, and butter, and it all comes to $5, then how is it you can go in the next week and buy just bread and have it also be $5, if there are set prices for everything??? So each time I go in there, it's always the same price, whether I get my hair cut or not. So if I go and get highlights and not get it cut for the same price as getting highlights and getting it cut, how the hell are you figuring that should be the same price if a haircut costs $60??? So I'm tired of it, and I finally took the plunge and dyed my own hair the color I've wanted it done for so many months, and I must say, it does look good. It's darker than my bright, fake-looking, brassy yellow hair was before, but that's good because it's really close to what my natural color is now. So after this whole long and rambling story, I have to say that I'm thankful to have finally bitten the bullet and did it myself! AND, I'm thankful that it turned out great!

2. I got my engagement ring back from the jeweler and it is so shiny and sparkling that I can't take my eyes off of it. I feel like I just got a new piece of jewelry! I am thankful I had the courage to leave my jewelry with the guy and that he did such a great job. I'm still having work done on my wedding band, so I'll have to wait and see how that turns out next week before I give thanks for that! lol...

3. My hubby is just the best, and I love him madly. I am so thankful to have him in my life!

What are YOU thankful for?

(Tell me in your comments!)

4 Comments:

At August 30, 2007 at 1:59 PM , Blogger Patricia said...

1. Thankful that DD had such a great time frosting our cupcakes today AND she masterfully used a "real" butter knife to do it!! YIKES! But it was all good!

2. I actually took a WELL NEEDED nap this afternoon & although it was short, I feel SO MUCH BETTER!

3. The magical words from DH as he left for work this morning: "Don't cook tonight, we'll order in!" Need I say more? ;)

 
At August 30, 2007 at 7:53 PM , Blogger ~ Alison said...

Of course I'm always thankful to have my daughter in my life, but this week I shall consider that a given . . . b/c her presence & happiness trump everything else, on any given day =)

1. I'm thankful that the weekend is here & that I made it through this week without developing a bleeding ulcer. STRESSFUL.

2. I'm thankful to have friends who gladly lend an ear & let me bitch when I need to. I love them. & I always feel better once I let it out.

3. I'm thankful for the eye candy that is David Beckham. Please excuse me while I go drool on myself.

 
At August 30, 2007 at 8:19 PM , Blogger Michelle said...

1. I am thankful that I am presently working near the beach(two blocks). It is predicted to be ninety-eight degrees at my house today and it is only in the eighties here.
2. It is almost Friday. Woo Hoo!
3. I am thankful for the long weekend coming up. We still are not done unpacking, and I'm hoping to finish it this weekend.

 
At August 30, 2007 at 11:55 PM , Blogger stinkypaw said...

1. I am thankful that will be finally be able to put our fridge in its place, after 2 months of it being in the dinning room (because the cabinet maker made a mistake).

2. I'm thankful that the painter finished all "touch ups", so that I'll be able to finish unpacking.

3. I'm thankful we got our night table, so at least one room in our place will be done with!

4. I'm thankful to have you to express my thankfulness!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home