Thursday, September 6, 2007

Referral days, another pound, Frank

1. My friend Patricia posted all about her referral day on her blog (password protected) and while I was reading, I felt like I was right there with her. It then got me to thinking about the day we'll get the referral for Gracie, and it made me very excited, happy, and full of love. Thank you to my friend Patricia for sharing her story, because it brought joy back into this adoption process for me...

2. I have lost another pound (finally, first one in 2+ weeks!) for a grand total of 18 pounds down!!! How can you not be thankful for that??? lol...

3. A man I used to work with died Tuesday night. I left that company three years ago and hadn't kept in touch with him, yet when I heard about his death at the tragically young age of 53, it still hit me like a ton of bricks. This was a good man, a very good human being. He was the kind of person whose energy drew all around him into it. I spent countless hours and lunches with him, listening to his grandiose stories of traveling the world (and all true stories at that), and even with his immense wealth and high ranking business status in the financial world, he still treated everyone as if they were his cousin or close friend, always on the same level, the same playing field, and it was one of the reasons he was so well loved. I am thankful that I knew Frank, because he helped to remind me how to treat others and how to live life from a place of joy....

What are YOU thankful for?

(Tell me in your comments!)

3 Comments:

At September 6, 2007 at 10:03 AM , Blogger Michelle said...

1. I fnally found a job after twelve weeks of looking, so I am thankful to have a job.
2. I am thankful to have a job(oops, did I already mention that one? :)
3. I am thankful the weather has cooled down considerably. I can't take the heat.

 
At September 6, 2007 at 8:20 PM , Blogger Patricia said...

1. Our dossier for DD#2 is FINALLY at the Chinese Consulate for authentication!!! HIP HIP HUBEI...uh, I mean, HOORAY!!! ;)
Despite my broken toe, I was able to hobble around the city today & get all of that DONE!!

2. I ordered a sweater online the other day & wasn't so sure about it...I got it today & I LOVE it!! It fits perfectly, is a little bit different & I'm so glad my purchase turned out better than expected!

3. Last but not least...when I picked DD up from school today she ran to me & gave me a great big GIANT HUG!!! I am IMMENSELY grateful for this sweet child!! I am so privileged to be her momma!

 
At September 8, 2007 at 7:56 AM , Blogger redmaryjanes said...

1-I'm grateful that you can make an ass out of yourself and some peole are gracious enough to forgive you.

2-I would be grateful if in time I could make it up to that person. I feel awful, just awful Heather.

3-I'm grateful that you live and learn. That some mistakes are big enough that they leave a lasting impression.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home