Wednesday, September 26, 2007

I don't need to be right, Wednesday, hubby, and a PS

1. In my field (I.T.), I encounter many individuals who have the need to be right. So much so that even though they're calling or writing me for assistance on something they don't know about, they still insist that they are right and I am wrong.

The best is when they are blatantly wrong in front of others while being an ass about it - i.e., the email exchange I've been having with one serious ass-hat named Randolph (he's probably just pissed that his parents named him Randolph...lol). Anyway, he was EXTREMELY rude in an email he sent to us y'day claiming our software was garbage and the cause of all his problems. He made it a point to cc a bunch of people at his firm as well so they could see what a huge set of cahones he has on him, shooting off a nasty email to us. The funny thing is, I did a REPLY ALL as well and explained to him that 1. we hadn't heard from him since March and didn't know he even had this issue, and 2. we could easily fix his problem. He shot off his own "reply all" stating that he already did what I told him I would do to fix the problem, and then spelled out what he did (in all caps no less) - which was completely incorrect. Did I mention he replied to all? Yeah... so I did another reply all and told him the error of his ways and how what he did was incorrect. I then told him to call in again for assistance.

Some people need to be right, no matter how much of an ass they make themselves out look in the process, and no matter how wrong they actually are. I am very thankful that I am NOT one of these people.

2. It's Wednesday. Two more days and it's Friday :)

3. I know I thank him a lot, but I have to again. I'm thankful for my hubby because he is an amazing person to love me in spite of all my flaws....

PS - Patricia - the email you sent me y'day made me cry :) THANK YOU!!!!


What are YOU thankful for?

(Tell me in the comments!)

3 Comments:

At September 26, 2007 at 2:34 PM , Blogger Middle-Aged Moi said...

Ugh. People who always have to be right are a pet peeve of mine. Also, people who know SOMETHING on EVERY topic. There is NO way someone can know something about EVERYTHING!

Okay, here's my thanks for today:

1) I am thankful for my nice, soft couch, who is calling me to have a nap after I finish this....:-) Bad night last night.

2) I am thankful for the laughter I share with my crazy kids. They're dorks, but I love them! :-)

3) I am thankful for the BEAUTIFUL Fall leaves outside. Amazing.

 
At September 27, 2007 at 1:13 PM , Blogger Patricia said...

1. I am thankful for the MANY wonderful, kind & caring people I have met since I became a mom! From getting to know our "LID-mates" & travel buddies, to the wonderful, friendly people I've met online (count yourself in this one, Headmeister!), to the really nice parents in DD's school, to the awesome moms who live in my building! It's just incredible how my world has expanded in this way!
I am so grateful for that!

2. Thankful that DD's "big girl bed" will be delivered next week already!! We just ordered it this past weekend!

3. Simple Pleasures: the DELICIOUS pumpkin cream cheese muffin I had this morning with a ROCKIN' cup of coffee! :)

And for the record...I'm with ya on the "must be right" folk!

 
At September 27, 2007 at 9:58 PM , Blogger kitchu said...

Friends that see you through and meet you where you are..

Unexpected sunsets (the kind where you leave the camera off, because some things THAT beautiful just weren't meant to be stopped in time)

The friends that have been woven into my life through this adoption... you amoung them, and most especially the first ones I ever encountered that watched and held me (cyberly) as Gracen's adoption was cancelled and my marriage fell apart. That Patricia is one of them, she's amazing, isn't she?

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home