Friday, October 5, 2007

Friday, $200, house guest

1. It's Friday people, do I need to say more??? lol...

2. It's only been one week (to clarify, a 5-day work week, not a total 7 days) since Hubby and I revamped our budget and decided no more take out or fast food in order to save money. I also haven't spent any money frivolously either. My total expenses since Monday have been $30.32 (that's just on stuff I didn't need, not on groceries or anything), and I even feel slightly guilty about that low number because I'm trying to keep it down to $20 per week. But after going over my budget and seeing what bills I've already paid and what was left over, I thought I'd make a miscalculation.... but I didn't. It turns out that I have saved, in one week of not buying BS stuff or eating my breakfast and lunch out of the house, a total sum of $200. I don't know how I did it, and I'm still skeptical that this is even the correct number, but I have an excess of $200 in the bank this week with nothing scheduled to use it for (no bills pending). This is a minor miracle. I am thankful for my efforts to not spend needlessly and for the incredible feeling of possibility I get for the future task of becoming "monetarily unencumbered".

3. Kristen is coming Saturday afternoon and staying over. I'm cooking up a great meal and she's bringing the wine! I am thankful to have made such a great friend (who lives relatively close) during this adoption process...

What are YOU thankful for?

(Tell me in the comments!)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home