Monday, October 1, 2007

my hair, and that's about it...

1. I'm thankful that my hair turned out great.

2. That's about it.

I'm in a really shitty mood right now because I figured out that the compassion and interest that my mgr showed me when I complained about the measly increase I got was a total scam.

I spoke to the owner of my company today and was told that the increase I was given was because my mgr specifically stated that that's what I should get. So when I was complaining to him about it a few weeks ago, he stared me in the face, acted surprised about the percentage when I told him, and told me he'd talk to her with me to try and get a higher percentage if I wanted him to. I told him that wasn't necessary and that I'd speak to her directly.

Good thing I didn't have a sit-down with them because I would have been very surprised to learn that all that concern was total lip service and that he sold me out. Add to that the fact that I was told that my particular increase was due to my absences - all of which I have had Dr's visits for, with the exception of 2. I'm not sure at what point this doesn't all become discriminatory against someone who has in the past year alone: been diagnosed with herniated and bulging discs at two different times, two miscarriages, 3 months of periods so painful I've missed a day of work and had to take pain killers, throwing my back out once, norovirus for 5 days where I could barely move (total of 9 but I worked the other 4), and had the stomach flu for two days.

Meanwhile, we have one tech here who sleeps every day at their desk. Yeah... I guess that's not so bad as long as they show up to get paid everyday. Oh, and how about the tech who takes two hours on each call, thus making the rest of us have to pick up the slack. Yeah, I guess that's not important either. I was actually told that some people don't get raises. Yeah, right.

I told the owner that she can just dock my pay on the days I'm not here because I'd rather not have to feel as if I have to come in when I physically can't. She refused and said she'd never do anything like that and "don't be silly". Well, if it'll get me the increase I deserve, then why not?. I also told her that being that I have another Dr's visit scheduled next week to determine whether or not I have endo (not that he can determine that right there on the spot), I might have to be out for a laproscopy in the near future. Turns out she too has had endo and has had the procedure, so she was aware of the pain associated with it all. Too bad that didn't help me any.

Oh well. I will continue to work here until I either hit the lottery, I get offered another job paying the same money, or the place burns down overnight. I'm actually hoping for all three things at this point.

Thanks for listening to me whine.

-H

5 Comments:

At October 1, 2007 at 9:08 PM , Blogger Michelle said...

That just sucks. I hate lip service. I would so much rather hear the truth, even if it isn't exactly what I wanted to hear. I left my job of fourteen years because I was being discriminated because of my health problems. I was treated like crap, had my hours cut, and made to feel like a wimp that couldn't handle a little bit of pain. Every time I called in sick my boss would tell all the other employees how ridiculous it was because she survived Cancer, and nothing is a bad as that. Like she really thought the other people wouldn't tell me. Idiot. Anyway, I'm sorry your job sucks. I hope something better comes along for you and you can work in an environment where you are appreciated.

 
At October 1, 2007 at 11:52 PM , Blogger Middle-Aged Moi said...

Ugh. That sucks.

Here's what I'm thankful for tonight:

1) That I almost have three of my four children packed for our trip.

2) That I am done school for two weeks.

3) That your hair rocks. :-)

 
At October 2, 2007 at 10:04 AM , Blogger JoAnn in NJ said...

Sorry Hon!
It is challenging to find a company that appreciates you! Everyone is just out for themselves!

Hopefully you will find a great job in a great company that will appreciate how fabulous you are!

They should give you a raise based on how wonderful your HAIR looks! ;)

What I am thankful for...
1-Kelsey's in daycare today....
2-I made a list of everything I want to accomplish
3-I have a phone interview tomorrow

 
At October 2, 2007 at 9:34 PM , Blogger Patricia said...

Grrrrr...I am so sorry you are going through all this work nonsense! That just STINKS!

Here I go:

1. Big girl bed - set up & delivered today! Looks "fabolous"

2. We are all aboard the Potty Train & we are GETTING SOMEWHERE!!

3. More patience...whew!

BONUS: Your rockin' hairdo has inspired me to finally go & get mine cut, colored...something! anything! lol! It's been way too long!

 
At October 2, 2007 at 9:46 PM , Blogger Kelley said...

That work situation totally sucks. Sorry you're having to go through it.

I'm thankful because:
(1) You have GREAT hair, and as of tonight, my hair is better hair--went and got layers. I was totally inspired!!!
(2) I'm letting things go to focus on important stuff, and not minding so much.
(3) I've been hearing lots of baby giggles...and more giggles...and more giggles!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home