Sunday, March 18, 2007

Hubby's health, good friends, fabric

1. Hubby came down with a NARSTY (that's right, narsty) 24 hour flu where he didn't know whether to puke in the bowl or sit on it. I was sick like that for a week, and then had the 24 hr version two weeks later, and it is living hell , believe me. I'm so glad that he ended up with the 1-day version instead of the week long horror of the other. I am thankful that Hubby is feeling so much better!

2. Good friends are hard to come by, and that's why I'm so very thankful for my dear best friend Pam. When Hubby got sick first thing Saturday morning, we decided to stay out of the house as long as possible so as to give him his privacy (we only ahve one bathroom, and it's right off the livingroom). We were out until about 3:30pm, where we then decided to go straight upstairs to see of we could each grab a quick nap before heading out again. 4 hours later when she woke up (I wasn't able to sleep so I read), we headed out for dinner together. When we came back, Hubby was already feeing better, but we decided to retreat back upstairs to our little quarantined area. I brought my laptop up into the room she was staying in and we hung out all night, til I actually fell asleep at the foot of the bed while watching tv. She let me sleep for a while and she surfed the net while I snored...lol. I woke up a few hours later and wandered into my room down the hall. We got up early this morning and headed out for a day of shopping, trying to get out of the house again to leave Hubby alone to recoup. We went for breakfast and then shopped a whole bunch! Then I dropped her off at the train to go into Penn instead of driving her into the city like I normally do, and she was totally ok with that. It saved me SO much time by not driving in!!!! So I am SO INCREDIBLY GRATEFUL for my friend Pam, the one who always goes with the flow, never has a problem with anything, and is so laid back and so very understanding.... I am so blessed with such a great person as a best friend!!!

3. During our shopping trip, we stopped at The Rag Shop, a crafting store that has a fabric section (unlike giants Michael's and A.C. Moore, who have NO FABRIC AT ALL!!!! What a waste of a store then, right?). I bought some beautiful fabric to start a sewing project, and I ahve to say, I love the instant gratification that buying fabric gives me. I can automatically see the finished product in my hands, by only holding the fabric that I'll make it with. I am grateful for my creative talent, and my ability to see the beautiful finished project without even having done anything to it.

What are YOU thankful for?

(Tell me in your comments!)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home