Monday, June 25, 2007

Yard almost done, new guy, same on the scale

1. It's still June and the stuff in my yard is almost done. For the past two years, there has always been so much going on (projects in the yard or outside) that we were still working on them well into August. This year, I'm confident that everything will be done in only a few short weekends. I am soooo thankful to have less stuff to do this year and that we'll be able to not do anything on the weekends again!

2. The new guy starts today at my office. He will be the one eventually working my 12-8 shift and I'll be going 9-5. PLEASE pray to all things holy that this guy is REALLY good and doesn't bail. I am thankful for having a new person at work!

3. For the first time in what seems like a lifetime, I weighed the same this morning as I did on Friday, my weigh in day. This hasn't happened in FOR-EV-ER. Usually I'm up a few pounds for various reasons, then I spend the first three weekdays trying to get those pounds off and then I can work on adding additional losses to it the other 2 weekdays. But this week, I get to start clean, from where I left off! I am SO UNBELIEVABLY GRATEFUL to weigh the same today as I did Friday!!!!!

What are YOU thankful for?

(Tell me in your comments!)

1 Comments:

At June 26, 2007 at 9:21 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

The Wallet...(this is long!)

1. I lost my wallet yesterday morning...UGH!!!!! Didn't realize it until TODAY! Thought my daughter took it & put it somewhere (she loves to do that!)...In that wallet was my driver's license, very nice, new lipsticks, a gift card with over $70 still on it (grrrrr)& tons of other cards & such. Tore the apartment apart...no wallet. But, as I was searching I realized that, although everything else was in there, I did NOT have ANY money, nor credit cards in that wallet!! SOOOO thankful for that!


2. Retraced yesterday morning in my mind...1 of 2 things could have happened:
A. It fell out of the front pocket of my diaper bag that was hooked onto the stroller (BIG bummer because that means it was left on the streets of Manhattan to be rifled through)

B. I left it in one of two stores.

I tried calling both stores today & couldn't get through...nice. Something told me to make the effort & go to those stores & ask in person....VERY THANKFUL for that little voice inside my head that told me to do that!

3. After I went to check in the first store, the manager looked at me like I was nuts & said, "You lost it YESTERDAY?? Good luck!"
Went to the 2nd store, feeling very defeated, not expecting anything & the girl behind the counter looked at me with a slow spreading smile, left the counter, came back & said, "Is this it?" To which I screamed "YES!!!! MY WALLET!" & my daughter, who was very patient this entire time, yells out "Hooray, Momma's walt!"

WOW! WOW! WOW! EVERYTHING was still in tact, untouched! A small miracle! I mean, this is MANHATTAN, right??

A thank you didn't seem enough to give her for keeping it safe, so I ran to Starbucks & got a gift card for her. She thought I was crazy, but what a small price to pay for my restored faith in humanity...especially in this big 'ol city!!

Patricia/NYC... ETERNALLY THANKFUL today!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home