Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Too long....

Sometimes I forget to come here. When that happens, I feel guilty. I don't want to feel guilty about not being thankful because everyday I say my own thanks regardless of whether I type them out here or not. So now I'm curious as to why I feel guilty about not writing them out... interesting...

Ok, so here are quite a few thanks to make up for the days I was gone:

1. I am incredibly thankful for the people I've met through this adoption process. I have met many people in my life and haven't clicked with more than 5% of them. However with these women I've met through adoption, I have clicked with over 90% of them. I spent the entire weekend with two of them in Georgia, and the friendship we have formed is a bond I have not been able to establish with anyone in many, many years. I haven't flown on a plane since my honeymoon, and yet when these women wanted me to join them in July, I flew. I had happy pills, but I flew. Then again this past weekend, they wanted to get together and I jumped at the chance and flew again. People like these women will make you do things that you wouldn't normally do just to be with them. The best part is, I'm meeting new women just like these two all the time. I have many friends in this adoption world and with time the bonds can only grow stronger. I am honored to have met such amazing women on my journey to my daughter...

2. I have been trying to save money and spend less and make more money (did that even sound right? lol). I am thankful to say that I have become so aware of my spending that when I got a lg coffee this morning for $2.13 (I usually make my own but was running late), I added up all the days in a month that I would buy my coffee and it totaled $40. I was and still am amazed that I used to spend what is currently the equivalent of 1.5 times my current gas bill on coffee. Two months of coffee could pay for 3 months worth of heating/cooking gas in the warmer months - yet one vacuum pack of coffee is only $3.99 and lasts me 2-3 weeks. I am thankful for my newly found awareness of how much wasteful spending goes on in my life.

3. Recently my mother said something to me about how I have learned to take care of myself over the course of my life. I won't elaborate as to why it was mentioned or the conversation we were having, but it made me feel good that she recognized that in me. I am thankful for the mistakes in my life that have created the person I am today, and that I was afforded the opportunity to become a self-sufficient adult as a result of them.

4. Hubby makes me lunch every weekday now when he makes his own. This morning he told me that my sandwich was on the counter. I like my sandwiches wrapped in aluminum foil because it keeps the bread on the sandwich instead of it sliding around in a plastic baggie and getting mayo or mustard all over the inside. Anyway, when I went to get my sandwich to put it in my purse, he had drawn a heart on it in black magic marker. I love my husband so much, and he reminds me of how wonderful he is every day. I am thankful to have this wonderful man as my husband and partner for life.

What are YOU thankful for?

(Tell me in the comments!)

1 Comments:

At October 16, 2007 at 6:22 PM , Blogger Middle-Aged Moi said...

It is good for me to try to be thankful today, because I'm not having a good day at all. Life overwhelms me.

So....here's my attempt to be thankful:

1) I am thankful for the autumn leaves. Even though I have to rake them up, they are golden flowers and I love them.

2) I am thankful that Belle is singing. She makes me feel happy when she does that.

3) I am thankful for my mom, who I can call when I am down and cry like a baby. And she doesn't make me feel like an idiot. Moms are the best.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home